Friday, February 8, 2013

I think I'm learning to adjust to the change in diet and the medicine. I feel the best when my stomach is empty and I have had lots of water. But, I've figured out that eggs for breakfast and veggies only for lunch give me the most wiggle room for my evening meal. At least then I can tolerate a sweet potato or whole grain pasta without feeling totally sick.

There haven't been any real noticeable benefits to the Metformin. My hair is stilling falling out of my scalp, still growing on my face, and my acne hasn't gotten any better. I've lost about 4 lbs but at this point I think it's all muscle. I don't have the energy to work out at my normal pace or impact. I maybe lift weights twice a week, and only for 10-15 minutes. Plus I've been sweating thru my clothes at night. Gross. I hope that over time this drug will prove to be worth all the negative side effects.

The estrogen lowering drug they gave me at my appointment last Friday really screwed with my emotions. I was so weepy at the beginning of the week. I was a wreck for two days. I'm starting to feel better now, but gosh, I hope I don't have to go through it many more times.

We had another appointment today. Two follicles growing on the left side! They aren't quite big enough yet, but I go in again on Monday for another ultrasound and maybe a trigger shot to inspire ovulation. Thankfully we have the weekend off and can relax. I'm hoping that keeping my stress level down and resting a bunch will help my body do what it is supposed to do in the next couple days. The prospect of conceiving next week is both scary and exciting.

I realize as I sit here typing, that I'm being much less emotional than in my last few posts. Perhaps it's that I'm coming off of a rough week emotionally.

I'm trying to remember to pray about this process. I got a bit swept away in the waiting and forgot that I should be praying without ceasing about the situation. I've been so overwhelmed by stress, just trying to cope with all the emotions, that I forgot there is something I can do to hep. That is to pray.

Sometimes I have doubts that my prayers are important enough to God to answer. But just last week I was reminded He hears us and loves us when our friends baby was given a clean bill of health, again. He was displaying some signs of seizures and possible brain damage, but he's okay... just a little strange. :) But what baby isn't?

In addition to the stress of our fertility complications, we're also stressed about the slow-going deal on the house we're trying to buy. At first the selling bank was so eager to get things moving that the pushed our closing date up by 21 days. Now, we've been waiting to hear back from them about repair requests from our inspection for two weeks. It's a foreclosure, and I know those can take 3-4 months to negotiate, but freeze out in the last few days has been frustrating. I can understand why buyers sometimes back out of these deals. It's hard to know what you want when your pace gets slowed down and you lose momentum. I keep asking myself, "is this what we really want?" I don't know if I'm sure anymore. I guess we'll wait to hear back from them on the repair requests. My gut reaction to that communication should be a pretty good indicator if I'm still loving it or not.

There is just so much stress to handle this week. I need to stay focused on relaxing over the weekend and take on the day an hour at a time. No plans and no deadlines.


No comments:

Post a Comment