The last several days have been a whirlwind. As the weekend approached, my husband and I started to make plans for our one weekend off together of the month. I work full time, he is a full time student, and we both have part time jobs that help us make ends meet. So this small grouping of days each month is sacred to us. We cherish every minute.
We were invited to spend a carefree weekend with some family, which sounded wonderful. But when easy going plans turned into a full-fledged family affair with lots of bodies and little space, we decided we needed to back out for the sake of our stress levels. In the end, the change of plans and our decision not to go caused more stress than going and hiding in the background would have. But, we held to our choice and stayed in our area and let the family gathering carry on without us.
The weekend started with a 7:30am ultrasound. Good news. Two follicles on my left side nearly ready for release. Good news considering there was some debate about whether or not my body was producing follicles at all just 5 weeks ago. Still we were sent home with a prescription for relaxation because they weren't quite fully developed and told to return at the same time on Monday morning.
We took our full dose of relaxation and spent the entire weekend doing whatever we wanted. Friday we saw a matinee, eating movie theater popcorn for our supper. Saturday we slept in a little and watched a movie with breakfast, then spent the afternoon shopping downtown. I took my hubby to a small restaurant famous for its beer and burgers. He treated me to an early Valentine's Day gift. The rest of the evening we spent watching one of our favorite television series on TV. Sunday after church and picking up supplies, we got snowed into our cozy apartment. We spent the entire day on the couch, except for when we got up to the kitchen to make cookies together. It was a wonderful weekend.
Monday morning brought it's own bit of panic. The enormous drifts of snow had shut the city down, and we were going to miss our early morning ultrasound. Since the process is so time sensitive, I started to worry that we would miss our opportunity for the month and we'd have to start again. But our infertility coordinator called and got us in as soon as the roads were open and an ultrasound tech had made it into the building.
Laying on my back waiting for the ultrasound to start, I was only hoping that at least one of the follicles had grown over the weekend. Instead, three follicles were present and all were above the necessary size requirement.
In our following appointment with the infertility coordinator, I was given my "trigger shot" and counseled on the possibility of conceiving triplets. TRIPLETS! Less than 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and now they were telling me I could possibly have triplets??
All my other blood work came back good and we were given the assignment to get it on! Sounds exciting right? Well, it's less exciting when you feel like you're completing a task. The pressure is a terrible mood killer. And somehow in the next few days we have to find a way to romance each other and keep our stress levels down, all while handling the normal duties of life, and fret over the possibility of triplets!
I am thrilled that treatment has worked just as it should. I'm also happy that the medicine has relieved some problems, even if it causes others. Ultimately, I know that if God allows us to conceive three babies instead of one, then He'll give us the support system to handle the journey. For now, we'll pray that God bless us with just one little bundle of joy, for the health and happiness of us all.... and if He blesses us with more, we'll praise Him for it and ask for His help along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment