The hubby and I made it through the week. Being anxious about conceiving and going through the process of buying a home at the same time is hard. The pressure definitely made doing the baby dance that much harder. It's a lot less easy to enjoy it when you know it has to get done. But we made it.
This morning started my first day of progesterone suppositories. My nurse warned me that it would leave me feeling wet and sticky. She wasn't kidding. It's like a constant pool. Hello granny-panties for the next couple weeks.
I think I've officially passed the GI problems with Metformin. Well, at least the normal ones. Most people report feeling crampy and having diarrhea. Not me. Opposite. I feel bloated and constipated. I'm guzzling water and taking a senna supplement, I just wanna be comfortable. And, the general queezy feeling is gone. Which means I've resorted to eating anything I want. Not good. I'm going to put on a bunch of weight if I keep it up. And not in the good, baby bump kind of way. Just in the, dang those monster cookies look good kind of way.
If.... When we get pregnant, it's going to be interesting dealing with getting larger, and heavier. Having battled my weight my whole life, I'm very sensitive about it now that I have it under control. I spent a week about a half pound under my goal weight and I still didn't feel good because I was pretty sure I had only lost muscle. Now, I'm 5lbs up. I feel mushy. Probably from the weekend of being trapped indoors and the recent meals out for Valentine's Day. I've got to whip it back into shape and eat healthily. For my body and for potential pregnancy.
Daily, hourly, by the minute, my prayer is that we conceived this week. Three eggs and three days of love making leaves us with a very good chance. Also, it's comforting to know that with the aid of my nurse and CNM, my hormones are where they need to be to support a pregnancy. I just pray that it happens.
My stress level has been better managed in the last few days too. I think it helps that I'm excited about the potential we have right now. I'm making it a point to exercise, but only for the recommended stress-relieving period of 40 minutes. And, I need to lift weights to keep up my strength. Long baths and reading good books help too. I've basically passed all the home-buying stress off to my husband. And, ignoring housework hasn't been that bad either. Though, just like my eating habits as of late, I should probably whip the apartment back into shape. Maybe that'll be my goal today. Healthy meals, exercise, and house cleaning. So much for fun Fridays!
No comments:
Post a Comment